KraftersInk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Asura Server's all Crafters LS.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

We need to know what you need

Go down 
+5
leonstrife
Gang
Admin
Atharia
Katianna
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Katianna
Admin
Katianna

We need to know what you need Empty
PostSubject: We need to know what you need   We need to know what you need EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 8:18 pm

Hey guys! We need some feedback from you guys. Three things:

1.We need to know what you guys need from us, and what skills you guys need help with. The better our skills are the better we are as a whole.

2. Fact is some mats are just almost impossible to get, even camping the auction house. If you guys need help with farming materials or camping the auction house please let us know. We have one farming trip in the works for two members already.

3. If you have any ideas about what direction you would like the linkshell to take, or events you would like us to do, we would love to hear them too :-) This is about everyone and we want to make sure everyone is heard.

Now here is where I throw a few ideas out there and you can agree or disagree javascript:emoticonp('cheers')

I would love to have a weekly time where some of us go out and farm crystals and other materials we frequently use. And lets face it, buying mass amounts of crystals are expensive. We got the "firepower" to get it done and have fun doing it at the same time. I think that this would save us a lot of gil. If anyone is interested in doing this let me know what days and times work for you so we can get something going.

We need to get some fishing skills up in the linkshell :-) any takers? ^^

javascript:emoticonp('flower')
Katianna
Back to top Go down
https://kraftersink.forumotion.com
Atharia

Atharia

PostSubject: Synergy   We need to know what you need EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 9:05 pm

As far as crafts... Lets be honest. Many of the synths are just out of date and are only used for skill ups to get to 100. Logically, with the advancements in expansions and new gear/food/items/mats/furnishings etc a new means of crafting has risen from the ashes. Synergy.

Synergy is still in many players blind spots as they are still new to crafting to begin with anyway. I propose a guide (or maybe 2) be posted on the site somewhere that not only introduces synergy but gives somewhat of a walkthrough to how it can be made easy to some of us that dont know how it works. Synergy is the future of profitable crafting. I think it'd be in the Linkshells best interest to be knowledgeable on this.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: We need to know what you need   We need to know what you need EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 1:01 am

Ath, i totally agree, Ihave always said they need new recipes and synths for crafting.. koots kiddo!!
Back to top Go down
Katianna
Admin
Katianna

PostSubject: Great idea guys   We need to know what you need EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 4:08 pm

I am part blind to synergy myself and would like to know more. Perhaps we can talk our resident synergists into putting a guide together for us that gives us the basic nuts and bolts? Would that help you guys out? I think one of our ls-mates was listening to a podcast on synergy too. I will see if I can get him to give me the link so I can post it.

Perhaps even we can have a synergy party where something is made, and things are explained as it's being made, etc? What do you guys think?

Katianna
Back to top Go down
Gang

PostSubject: Stuck suxx   We need to know what you need EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 4:41 pm

Im currently Stuck and i mean Stuck on CC 89... i just hate to camp AH, and whats worst sometimes against LS members, so prob im gonna jump to the next recipe, i know nothing about Synergy too lol, but im really interested in doing it!
Back to top Go down
Katianna
Admin
Katianna

PostSubject: Re: We need to know what you need   We need to know what you need EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 2:50 pm

gang my dear, thats part of the reason why we are doing this party... so you and Youji can get unstuck^^ as a team the theory is that we can get you two enough mats to get you guys thru this black hole. Lets get some basic synergy info amassed and study up a little bit and see what we can come up with.

Is there a way that we can all have a skype conference and bang heads, err I mean compare notes?

Katianna
Back to top Go down
leonstrife

leonstrife

PostSubject: Re: We need to know what you need   We need to know what you need EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 2:31 am

Hey! Kind of you to offer such things ^^

I guess Arachne thread would be the nicest option to skill up on for everyone since it is not a huge loss like every other craft post 90 in Cloth.
But sadly having been camping the spider myself there really is no way to obtain the sort of huge supply that would be needed to skill up on it exclusively, even if you spent all day and night down in Kuftul!

So other options for clothcrafters like myself are some Rainbow thread crafts, some Siren Hair crafts, and a rather painful Wamora thread craft (Al Zabi Sash). With the final stretch to 100 leaving us with either Blessed Body, or Dalmatica to chose from, both terrible.

so all those things mentioned would be useful to myself and other CC's looking to reach 100. I try to make as large a stock of all the above mats as I can to always be able to craft with when I find the time, but its never enough ^^;

-----

Due to the roadblock that is 90+ CC I have been lvling all my other crafts to 60 too, so I love all the stuff for them as well and synth semi regularly. Hopefully all 60 subs sooner or later & fishing to 100 eventualy wuth Ebisu,... Ugh.

Cheers all ^^b
Back to top Go down
Gonryushu

PostSubject: Re: We need to know what you need   We need to know what you need EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 2:56 am

Ok, we'll go by character...
Gonryushu needs Darksteel Sheets. I can kinda do this on my own but because I prefer to warp back to guild to desynth the Antican Pauldrons I get them from, it would be helpful to have some just hold them for me and increase number harvested in a given run. Think I'll follow with Adaman Ingots, looks like a decent supply of ore on AH.

Ossiafel could use ~10 stacks of Trumpet Shells to get to BC96. After that most likely will need Gavial Fish for HQ Pugil Scales and Titanictus for Titanictus Shells to 100.

Rubyweald could use Giant Bird fletchings and Ram Horns to make Kabura Arrows. After that... I'll have to see. The Ram Horns I should be able to gather myself but would prefer to have fletching first so not to clutter my inventory. As a side note, if someone needs to level LC 29-36 and has access to Abyssea-La Theine could use up the Skins while I gather Horns.

Aude has reached the pinacle of her craft and doesn't quite know what to do with herself. Maybe synergy.....
Back to top Go down
Katianna
Admin
Katianna

PostSubject: Re: We need to know what you need   We need to know what you need EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 5:20 am

Ok, the cloth crafting stuff we are discussing the best way to obtain these items for ya'll. The giant bird feathers I have a question on. How many stacks do you anticipate needing? Overall I think that our best bet is to farm the heck out of stuff that ya'll need because it is apparent that there isn't much on the AH for you guys to choose from- AND what little there is... is well expensive as sin. So I would like to see us team up and get you guys set up to where you have what you need and get everyone that needs CC stuff done and finished. The same goes for other crafts as well.

Regarding the whole thing about you needing someone to be your perverbial mule Gonryu while you are synthing, that should not be an issue at all. All you have to do is ask and I would be glad to do that for you myself if I am on and am doing nothing else. Just let me know when you want to do it and we'll set up a time. This coming week is going to be bad unless you catch me at night though due to my mom and grandma being here, so if you could, please make it at night after 9pm est.

The fish- trumpet shells, gavial fish, and titanicius- we need to get the fisherman in the linkshell busy. I have already got that in the works. I talked to Floorboss and I am willing to see what I can do as well. I know for sure that the Titanicius is a legendary fish and will be an issue to pull up unless we find a super fisherman. Trumpet shells and Gavial fish I think can be handled. I will try to fish up the Gavial myself. Only thing is you will need to get them off of me when I am done (they don't stack) because I will need my inventory space for other stuff; as we have a farming party on Sunday.

The darksteel sheets and ingots are something I think that we can make "in-house." Don't quote me, but I think darksteel sheets are smithing.

And the last thing before I finally go to bed.... regarding synergy :-) We will have a guide posted by a resident synergist and I spoke to them about it tonight. When it will be posted I do not know, but there will be one posted with the basic who, what, when, why, and wheres :-)

On that note, I am sleeping!

Regards,
Katianna
Back to top Go down
floorboss

PostSubject: Re: We need to know what you need   We need to know what you need EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 5:21 am

Gonryushu wrote:
Ok, we'll go by character...
Gonryushu needs Darksteel Sheets. I can kinda do this on my own but because I prefer to warp back to guild to desynth the Antican Pauldrons I get them from, it would be helpful to have some just hold them for me and increase number harvested in a given run. Think I'll follow with Adaman Ingots, looks like a decent supply of ore on AH.

Ossiafel could use ~10 stacks of Trumpet Shells to get to BC96. After that most likely will need Gavial Fish for HQ Pugil Scales and Titanictus for Titanictus Shells to 100.

Rubyweald could use Giant Bird fletchings and Ram Horns to make Kabura Arrows. After that... I'll have to see. The Ram Horns I should be able to gather myself but would prefer to have fletching first so not to clutter my inventory. As a side note, if someone needs to level LC 29-36 and has access to Abyssea-La Theine could use up the Skins while I gather Horns.

Aude has reached the pinacle of her craft and doesn't quite know what to do with herself. Maybe synergy.....

Hey if you can get massive darksteel ores from minning in bastok cave ill buy the iron ores on floorboss because i need to skill up on ingots and sheets but i need massive amounts of it. Also I can fish up your shells but not the Titanictus cause they break my line still.
Back to top Go down
Swords

PostSubject: Re: We need to know what you need   We need to know what you need EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 2:38 pm

Katianna wrote:
I am part blind to synergy myself and would like to know more. Perhaps we can talk our resident synergists into putting a guide together for us that gives us the basic nuts and bolts? Would that help you guys out? I think one of our ls-mates was listening to a podcast on synergy too. I will see if I can get him to give me the link so I can post it.

Perhaps even we can have a synergy party where something is made, and things are explained as it's being made, etc? What do you guys think?

Katianna

Being a Synergist myself I'm more than willing to contribute to the fundamental aspects of the craft. Catching me when I'm not busy on the other hand is not quite so easy. But if I can find some free time later this week I'll be more than happy to throw something together.
Back to top Go down
Katianna
Admin
Katianna

PostSubject: Re: We need to know what you need   We need to know what you need EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 3:27 pm

Swords,

That would be cool, the more information out there the better! If you need any help let me know :-)

Regards,
Katianna
Back to top Go down
leonstrife

leonstrife

PostSubject: Feathers/Darksteel   We need to know what you need EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 9:52 pm

I can make darksteel Sheets/Ingots.

As for bird plumes, depending on the person's lv getting all that are needed could take a very long time even with a Thf.

Plume are pretty low drop rate and as I recall I am sure I went through at least 30+ stacks of plumes on that stage (probably more). So getting the needed amount would be a daunting task, especially if more than one person needs them. I personally gave up on Plumes for the last 1-2lvs they can be used for in favor of Prism Capes because Spider web have a much much better drop rate.
Back to top Go down
Swords

PostSubject: Re: We need to know what you need   We need to know what you need EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 4:53 pm

It could probably be sped up if we divide up our forces. Like one moderate group takes abyssea, another Rivine site B, another Lufaise Meadows, etc.
Back to top Go down
Katianna
Admin
Katianna

PostSubject: Re: We need to know what you need   We need to know what you need EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 12:04 pm

Swords,

You bring up a good point. The drop rate sucks on plumes, as we saw. Leon makes a good point when he said that he gave up on them for the last two levels and went on ahead to the rainbow capes b/c the spider webs were a much better drop rate. I saw first hand that they dropped very well and I think that this is a much better option for that factor alone- even if there is more breaks because of the skill gap. And here's the thing. I can make ya'll Kitron Macrons to make up for half a point of skill, so it could help a little bit. Idk, its up to you guys.
The only question is, how far would you have to go on the plumes before you could skip ahead to go on the rainbow capes?

Regards,
Katianna

Back to top Go down
Swords

PostSubject: Re: We need to know what you need   We need to know what you need EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 8:03 pm

Well generally you have to be within 10 levels of the cap, and you only get skillups for successful synths till your within 5 levels. So I'd say between 5-7 levels, using any bonus gear and guild assistance to help close the gap.

It's not unheard of to skillup on something thats 10 levels away from cap, if the materials are super cheap or easy to obtain.
Back to top Go down
Gonryushu

PostSubject: Re: We need to know what you need   We need to know what you need EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 9:04 am

At a maximum, I occasiaonally do skill up synth at 9 lvl gap. Usually on day matching crystal, with guild support. And I think you can get skill ups on break 6 lvls away. You can theoretically synth at an 11 lvl gap but might as well throw away half your ingredients at that point.
Back to top Go down
Ruzoko

PostSubject: smithing   We need to know what you need EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 3:13 am

I am currently lvl 76 smithing and its a gil sink atm making karimata arrowheads -_- i need iron ingots/ores most lol
Back to top Go down
Gonryushu

PostSubject: Re: We need to know what you need   We need to know what you need EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:56 am

Several possibilities.

Steel ingot recipe HQs to give Tama-hagane (4x iron sand, 4 bomb ash)(4x iron sand, 1 bomb, 1 cluster ash)(4 iron sand, 1 djin ash). caps at 54, 55, 56.

Set up house for desynth and destroy a bunch of Goblin Helms and Mails for Iron/Steel.

Set up house for desynth. Wind desynth Antican Pauldrons and make Darksteel Nodowa. Still a lose but selling to Tenshodo Merchants can get you up to 150% of normal NPC sell price(I'm doing this but at 81 atm, started at 78-79. and yes I have a *lot* of Karimata Arrowheads)
Back to top Go down
leonstrife

leonstrife

PostSubject: Re: We need to know what you need   We need to know what you need EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 2:29 am

Another thing I could use lots of if someone is by an AH and remembers to check, War Beret, Lv.70 hat. I can't be by the AH enough to grab em but they are a decent skill up choice if you can get a few, though usually they are in short supply/camped by others around my lv. Think the synth caps at 96 for turning them into Elite Beret, which NPC for almost break even (bit less).

Dance shoes are also a good alternative for 98 but need more rainbow thread/cloth and moccasins. More loss here but more obtainable than Arachne.

As for smithing;
Yeah, I would agree and recommend desynthing for smithing mats especially if you can set up your house for desynth. I never do but I still have pretty "decent" results, at least as far as desynthing is concerned. Best part is that usually the Beast items are dirt cheap so even if you break tuns your still okay.

Also for the "event nights" of sorts. I am usualy not free nights do to HNM events, but I am free durring the morning/day/afternoon CST if I am online. So if you are looking for me do do something or what have you, try then.
Back to top Go down
Katianna
Admin
Katianna

PostSubject: Re: We need to know what you need   We need to know what you need EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 3:49 pm

Ok after reading over what everyone needs so far and what everyone can make I had an idea. Some may like it, some may not, but im going to throw it out there because I believe it's highly beneficial for everyone involved.... here goes :-)

How about some tag crafting action? Obviously we want to make it mutually beneficial but I think it would be a good way for both parties to get what they need done faster and cheaper than average SE style ( aka lets see how much gil we can throw down the toilet).

This is the pairings I see so far that would potentially be good business

Gonryushu and Leonstrife (with me as a mule for Gonryu)
Powerade and Gangrene

If there is any other pairings or if you have any objections or opinions shoot em out^^

Regards,
Katianna

Last edited by Katianna on Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Swords

PostSubject: Re: We need to know what you need   We need to know what you need EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 5:00 pm

Im fine with teaming up but what exactly did you have in mind for me to do? Or more specifically what recipes did you have in mind?
Back to top Go down
Katianna
Admin
Katianna

PostSubject: Re: We need to know what you need   We need to know what you need EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 12:15 am

Ruzoko wrote:
I am currently lvl 76 smithing and its a gil sink atm making karimata arrowheads -_- i need iron ingots/ores most lol

Ruzo,
If I am still up and on after the whole maintence thing they got going now I'll make you a couple stacks if I can.

Regards,
Katianna
Back to top Go down
Katianna
Admin
Katianna

PostSubject: Re: We need to know what you need   We need to know what you need EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 2:17 pm

If ya'll get any lizard eggs can ya'll save them and db them to me for the kitron macarons? That stuff just got up to 10k a stack ><

Regards,
Katianna

Edit: oh yeah, I must have been half brain sleeping but I also need scream fungus if you all have it. I can't seem to grow it and I have tried with four stacks of grain seeds to no avail. All I get is coral fungus or taru taru rice.. >< the scream fungus makes Elensha- which is a skill up food that ya'll can use for skilling up on.

Last edited by Katianna on Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Swords

PostSubject: Re: We need to know what you need   We need to know what you need EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 3:24 pm

Wow.. really? I'd just been npcing them lately. XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We need to know what you need   We need to know what you need Empty

Back to top Go down

We need to know what you need
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
KraftersInk :: Welcome To KraftersInk :: VERY IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ!-
Jump to: